Starnight Guild
asdf

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Starnight Guild
asdf
Starnight Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5oShades' Thunder Breaker Guide

Go down

5oShades' Thunder Breaker Guide Empty 5oShades' Thunder Breaker Guide

Post by 5oShades Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:06 pm

5oShades' Thunder Breaker Guide
Introduction
Making a Cygnus Knight, eh? And you want to be a Thunder Breaker? Great choice.
The original pirate is a generally underplayed class. No, I'm not talking about Jetts or Cannoneers or Mechanics, I'm talking about the original pirate. You know, Buccaneers and Corsairs and the like. And, of course, Thunder Breakers.

Because many of you have probably never played a 'Traditional Pirate' before, your opinion has probably been swayed by the three newer variants. So, what is a pirate?

Pirates are, no matter what the type, a fun class. Probably one of the funnest on Maplestory. If being a pirate isn't enough, there's a certain thrill from just being able to punch the living crap out of your enemies if you're a Brawler and a given fun out of being able to go PEW PEW PEW as a Slingy. They're just... fun, over all.

A Thunder Breaker is, in fact, a Brawler. You'll be up-close-and-personal, all the time. In fact, a Brawler is a cross between a Warrior and a Thief. So, yeah. But it's so much fun to falcon-punch monsters! I feel like I'm Batman sometimes. pirat

Stats
I can only recommend two builds:
Low-Dex
Your dex is always your level. I believe that you need 120 to equip the highest-leveled Pirate items, so take into account your end-game equipment as well as scrolls. It all depends on what you can and can't afford. But, for the lower levels, stick to 1 dex per level (I believe that the first job advancement boosts you to 20-some. So, don't touch dex for that period of time).
Dexless
Only if you have money. Your dex stays at 20-some for the whole game. You will need to scroll, hunt for +dex equips, and hunt for 0-dex requirement equips.

I cannot recommend Regular Dex because going the low-dex route will let you equip all of the end-game equipment. And you don't need the stats from the extra dex.

Skills
First Job

10: Somersault Kick +1 [1]
11: Somersault Kick +2 [3], Straight +1 [1]
12: Somersault Kick +3 [6]
13: Somersault Kick +3 [9]
14: Somersault Kick +3 [12]
15: Somersault Kick +3 [15]
16: Somersault Kick +3 [18]
17: Somersault Kick +2 [MAX], Straight +2 [3]
18: Straight +3 [6]
19: Straight +3 [9]
20: Straight +3 [12]
21: Straight +3 [15]
22: Straight +3 [18]
23: Straight +2 [MAX], Sprite Summon +1 [1]
24: Dash +3 [3]
25: Dash +3 [6]
26: Dash +3 [9]
27: Dash +1 [MAX], Sprite Summon +2 [3]
28: Sprite Summon +3 [6]
29: Sprite Summon +3 [9]
30: Sprite Summon +3 [12]

Review:
Somersault Kick [MAX], Straight [MAX], Dash [MAX], Sprite Summon [12], Quick Motion [0].

This build will give you lots of attacking power. Lots and lots. Quick Motion was nerfed and gives you NO buffs at all, so investing in it is pointless. Because Dash is not that great of a skill, it is saved towards the end since it does give you a little bit of mobility. And lastly, with your attacking power, you don't need the sprite as much. It is, however, still an ally.

Second Job
Third Job

Training Locations
First Job
Stick with the Cygnus quest line. In spots where you're stuck because you need to gain a level or two, see below:
1-13: Ereve quests.
13-20: You really shouldn't need to grind at this point, but if you do, Zombie Mushrooms.
20-30: Mixed Stone Golems. Go into the different rooms as you level up based on need.
Second Job
Third Job

Job Advancement
First Job
Second Job
Third Job

Gear

Level 120... Now what?

Closing Notes

5oShades

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: